Hi there fellow Crafty People. Welcome to my little blog. I want to share another craft created by my talented daughter Cole. Today, we're hoping we can bring out the artist in you.
Now let's take a look a Cole's DIY Woven Ribbon Art. Then imagine your version of this cute little project.
- Canvas wrapped wooden frame in your preferred size
- Ribbon in your choice of colours and widths
- Glue or staple gun
You can choose any size canvas that suits the space you intend to hang it in.
Choose ribbon in colours that match items already in the room so that it will coordinate nicely. If you are making it for a bedroom, I suggest you use the bed spread as your colour inspiration.
Cole glued the ribbon but I would prefer to use a staple gun. The staples won't show since you are shooting them in the back of the piece.
We have three completed ribbon covered canvases which look fantastic hanging vertically in a straight line. It fill the space perfectly and looks way to pretty.
- Begin by placing the first ribbon horizontally flush with the front top edge of the canvas.
- Staple both ends to the back of the canvas.
- Place the second ribbon directly below the first one and staple it down on the back of the canvas.
- Continue applying the ribbon horrizontally until the canvas is completely covered.
- Now place your first vertical ribbon on the left side of the canvas and staple that end to the back of the canvas.
- Weave the ribbon in and out between the horizontal ribbons that you already stapled down
- Once you get to the end of the canvas on the right, pull the ribbon around to the back and staple it.
- Continue weaving vertical ribbons across your canvas and stapling as you go.
- Trim excess ribbon off the back to remove bulk.
This project is the perfect way to personalize a room with coordinating colours on a piece of wall art created by you.
Are you going to give it a try?
Well, thanks for stopping by. I hope the instructions were clear enough.
If your interested, stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out this free printable calendar.
If you would like to receive my blog updates please subscribe via email or follow me on Twitter, Pinterest or Blog Lovin.
Well, thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day.