Wednesday, November 6, 2013

36 Fun Projects from Old Denim Jeans



Hey, nice to see you. 

Relax, kick back and check out these 36 fun projects made from old denim jeans.





Let's Begin!


 1.)  Three Ring Binder Cover


2.)  Tote Bag



3.)  Pot Holders

4.)  Apron



5.) Pillows / Pillow Cases

6.) Child's Skirt






7.) Handbag

8.) Adult Skirt





9.) Wine Bag

10.) Crochet Hook /Knitting Needle Case



11.) Belt Organizer

12.) Quilt






13.)  Coffee Cozy

14.) Stamps




15.) Camera Case

16.) Baskets




17.) Clutches, Cases, Covers

18.) Christmas Stocking






19.) Banner

20.) Stuffed Toy



21.) Fabric Flowers

22.) Hat



23.)  Art Caddy

24.) First Aid Case







25.)  Back Pack

26.) Bib



27.) Craft Organizer

28.) Rag Rug



29.) Upholstered Seat

30.) Pencil Holder




31.)  Coasters


32.) Jewelry


33.) Placemats

34.)  Foot Stool


35.) Doggy Coat

36.) Art





**********************************



High five! I have been Featured at The Crafty Blog Stalker

This is what Katie had to say. "Another great week of lots of great posts. You can definitely tell that holiday crafting is in full swing! Don't forget that I also pin all of these wonderful features so if you want to get the scoop before they are posted make sure and follow my Featuring You! Pinterest Board."  "Your practically famous, you should shout it from the roof tops!"


**********************************


I feel so honored. This post has been also been featured on Turn It Up Tuesday 8.

Natasha at Epic Mommy Adventureshad this to say, "They had a great week with a total of 99 link ups! I thank you all for joining in the fun and linking up with us!"



Millie and Kristina from 2 Crochet Hooks chose my post as their favorite. They had this to say, "I love to upcycle and all 36 of these ideas are great!" 

Thanks ladies.






**********************************

Thank you Susan at Organize31 for featuring this post on your blog. 

"As always, I just love seeing all the great projects that were linked up last week at Inspire Us Thursday Link Party. You have inspired me with so many wonderful ideas for projects and recipes. And I always appreciate that you've taken the time to join me at my link party."

**********************************

Oh my gosh. I am freaking out. I am ecstatic that so many people like this post!

Melissa enjoyed this post that was linked up at the My Favorite Posts Show Off Weekend Blog Party. She choose it as her favorite: " It is very cool and I love the ideas for myself (The 3 Ring Binder Cover is my fave….. but they are all cool!)……and I have lots of “old pairs” of jeans and now I have something to do with them and it is a cool crafting idea to do with my daughter Madison! Love it!" 

Thank you, thank you, thank you Melissa. This is Melissa's blog -  Deliciously Savvy. 



**********************************

Redo It Yourself Inspirations

Last week's party was full of fun and fabulous links.  Once again, I had the opportunity to choose favorites. A dilemma. I liked too many. So randomly narrowed down out of nine, 3 of my favorites are:


Thank you so much Robin. I am honored to have one of my posts featured.

**********************************

Well thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed checking out a few fellow blogger projects and found something inspiring. If you did please feel free to share the love.

I would love to see your projects made from an old pair of jeans - just add a link below in the comments.



And don't forget to stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out a few other posts.

To receive my blog updates - please subscribe via email or follow through one of the other social medias.


LET'S CONNECT



Please leave a comment. I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day a little bit brighter.




Wishing You a Wonderful Week.




60 comments:

  1. I love it! I have a ton of old ripped jeans I have been saving... knowing there was something I could do with them... and now this is a great treasure trove of ideas! You have just made my kids' Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tons of old jeans too. I hope to get a few of these projects done before Christmas. Thanks so so much for stopping by for a visit. You just made my day! I hope to see you around again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun post; love everything! I especially am loving' those pot holders :o)

    croppedstories@gmail.com
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elena, I'm glad you like my post. I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite - they are all so great.

      Delete
  4. Excellent ideas to turn old blue jeans into something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. Do you have a favorite that you might try?

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful, and I'm glad you stopped by, but this is Monday's Music Moves Me. We do music videos on Monday. Hope you stop by next week, and join us. Next week's theme is a Freebie so you can put up anything you like. If you want to know what the theme is just look in my side-bar. ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, I am so embarrassed. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for being so sweet about it.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful projects and ideas! Love it! Found you over at Michell's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia,
      Glad you like the projects. Is there something you are going to try?

      Delete
  7. Oh, Darlene! What a great post! There is a big monster pile of old jeans in my craft room right now waiting for me to think of something. Maybe I should get busy? ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci. I should get busy too. My sewing machine is at my Mom's. I should probably get it first. LOL

      Delete
  8. I love your collection. I am a jean fanatic. I recycle them for everything. There are some really great projects here that I want to check out further. I'd love for you to come over and share your post at my hop today.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love projects that I can recycle items from around the house. It is one small way I can cut down on landfill pile up plus it keeps my costs down when I feel the urge to be creative. :)

      Delete
  9. These are great! I have so many pairs of my kids jeans that have holes in the knees and now some fun things to do with them!

    Thanks so much for being part of The Great Blog Train!!

    Laura @ Mice In The Kitchen

    http://www.miceinthekitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, I have quite a few kids jeans around here too. They outgrow and wear out them out so fast. At least I have lots of raw material for lots of fun projects.

      Delete
  10. Thank you, love the stocking idea!! So country chic. I found your blog through the prowess and pearls link up, can't wait to read more!! :) I am your new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather. Glad you like it. I a truly grateful for the follow. Thanks for making my day!

      Delete
  11. Very nice selection, Darlene. I'm really loving some of these and I'm pinning.. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I like you fleece selection too. Thanks for pinning. I am reciprocating.

      Delete
  12. Great uses for old jeans.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty. I'm sure most of us have a few pairs of old jeans around the house that are just screaming to be recycled.

      Delete
  13. I found your post at Family Fun Friday. I love all your ideas for things to do with old jeans! We have lots of old jeans around here! We also have a 6 year old boy who wears the knees out of his jeans faster than we can keep up with! So far our old denim gets turned into patches for his pants :) Maybe I'll eventually be able to do something else with the old jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing a few jean projects at your blog.

      Delete
  14. The craft organizer is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found you on the Great Blog Train this morning. These are such great ideas for using old jeans, love it! Following on GFC.
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, So glad you love the collection. I look forward to seeing you around again.

      Delete
  16. These are great ideas! I saw your post on the "This Momma's Ramblings" blog hop.

    Rachelle S.
    www.stitchesbyrachelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachelle,
      How nice of you to stop by and leave a comment.
      Have a fantastic week.

      Delete
  17. What a fun collection of projects. The doggy coat is my favorite, although using rolled up denim as a stamp is a close second. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organize 31.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. If I had a dog, the coat would be one of my favorites too. Actually I'm having a hard time picking a favorite - a number one project. I kinda like the upholstered seat too. How cute is that fo a kids room?

      Delete
  18. This is SUPER impressive. The banner and the coffee cozy? I would have never dreamed to use jeans for those. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with This Momma's Meandering Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing what jeans can be used for. I could do another whole post of fun projects made from jeans.

      Delete
  19. Love the back pack, and the child's skirt, to bad I can't sew, well not good enough for it to hold together. Thanks for sharing on Tuesdays With a Twist, stop by tomorrow morning and please share again. Off to check out your Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are in luck. There are a couple of projects there for non-sewers. I'll have to find more! :)

      Delete
  20. Oh my gosh those are some really awesome projects!!! I don't know if I like the purse, quilt, stocking, or kindle covers best! Those are ALL amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty awesome - there are some very talented people out there.

      Delete
    2. What clever ideas. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend. See you again on Monday,

      Wishes for tasty dishes,
      Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

      Delete
  21. Everything turned out great, I can't even pick a favorite, but I did say ohhhh! when I saw the Christmas stocking. What a cool concept. :)

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, when I saw the stocking project I knew I had to include it. It's perfect for this time of year.

      Delete
  22. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do this Weekend.

    See you tomorrow
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks so much Linda for hosting the party. :)

      Delete
  23. These are very interesting.
    I want to do all of them!

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Colette, I am so happy that you like the collection. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  24. These are all super ideas. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marty, I've been following your blog for some time now and appreciate your parties.

      Delete
  25. Great denim project ideas! I really like the denim bib, quilt, foot stool, and place mats. I've made a few denim Christmas stockings, and those are really fun to make!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ USS Crafty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you posted your Christmas stockings on your blog? I'd love to see them.

      Delete
  26. Cool ideas! Stopping by to say Hi! from the Monday Pin It Hop #35. Followed you here and on Twitter. I invite you to come join my site also. www.tammypstafford.blogspot.com. Thanks for linking up with us!

    Tammy
    The Happy Handicap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tammy. I'll be seeing you around.

      Delete
  27. Darlene, What a nice surprise. :) Thanks, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, so many great ideas of things to do with jeans! Love it! Thanks for linking up to Take it on Tuesday!
    ~Betsy @ Romance on a dime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy. Glad you like the ideas. Have a great week.

      Delete
  29. love the footstool idea! Thanks for linking up to check me out saturday link party! I hope you decide to join us again tonight! iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbie, Thanks for the link party. I think I am a regular there now.

      Delete
  30. Love this. so many great ideas! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love these Denim ideas! Thank you for sharing with us at Retro RePin Party 12~
    I chose your link as a feature during this week's party, starting tonight at 8pm! Stop by and take a look. We'd love it if you would link up with us again.

    Have a great week! ~ Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Darlene! There are some really cool projects here! I love the binder cover, back pack, and that ottoman is pretty cool too. Thanks for sharing these cool ideas. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Darlene! Thank you for gathering so many ideas on how to use the old denim :) so many ideas, so little time!

    ReplyDelete