Monday, June 1, 2015

DIY Wind Chimes - Recycle Spoons






Hi there. So glad you decided to stop by and check out my DIY wind chimes made from recycled spoons.

I had to make something to meet the May Craft Challenge. And I was lucky enough to get all the supplies for under two dollars. Score!

Bummer I din't finish it on time.


DIY Wind Chimes from  Recycle Spoons


My supplies include six spoons, fishing line, an old candle holder and a clip I had hiding in my stash of goodies.

DIY Wind Chimes from Recycle itemsSince I don't have a drill or anything to make holes in the spoons to thread the fishing line through, I had to find a different way to hang my spoons. If you look at the picture to the left, you can see the spoons are wrapped and tied with the fishing line.


DIY Wind Chimes from  Recycle items
I decided to use the candle holder upside down. It just seemed to look better.

I tied the spoons to the candle holder - the wind chime base.

Then tied the line around the candle holder feet and finally pulled them altogether and tied a knot.





DIY Wind Chimes from Recycled items




If you liked this post, please share the love and subscribe.



POST A COMMENT

I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day. 

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.

Bye for now. 

Wishing you the best, Darlene



Featured

I am so excited and happy to share this great news. 

My wind chimes have been featured at the Submarine Sunday Link Party.





A great big thank you goes out to the ladies who host the Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party for featuring my wind chimes.

To see the other features please click HERE.




Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

My wind chimes have been featured at Keitha's Pin Worthy Party.

Click HERE to check it out.



Thank you Karen and co-hosts for featuring my simple wind chimes at your party. (Click HERE)

And thanks for hosting each week.





Many thanks to Linda for featuring my wind chimes at her party.

Linda is awesome. This is what she had to say, "My first pick is absolutely adorable and creative! Have you had a chance to see My Little Treasures DIY Wind Chime with Recycled Spoons? So stinkin cute."

Thank you ladies for featuring my project at your party.

Click HERE to see the other featured posts.

Thank you for featuring my project at your party.






42 comments:

  1. Darlene, I'm so charmed by your wind chime! You know I love it because it's a repurposed craft, but it's just so adorable, too. When you threw out the challenge I had no idea how to repurpose silverware, but I'll soon be making my own wind chime thanks to your inspiration. Pinning now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan you are so sweet.. I hope I get to see your finished wind chime.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy, thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment.

      Delete
  3. What a good idea... creative and fun.... I would be interested to hear the tone of such a chime... Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tone is hard to describe. It's like a light twinkling sound.

      Delete
  4. love your wind chime! what a great idea to use that candle holder - add such great visual interest to the chime! oh goodness now I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It took a bit of browsing to finally pick the candle holder. I wanted it simple but still interesting to look at. I hope I pulled that off.

      Delete
  5. I love these, especially since you didn't use any big tools to make them. :)

    Thanks for sharing your craft at Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb. I'm not sure if I would have used big tools even if I had them. I don't know it just seemed easier to tie the spoons than to drill them and sand them and then tie them. And like a lot of work.:)

      Delete
  6. What a cool idea. Thanks for sharing it. Hope to see you next week @ WW over on Oh My Heartsie Girl.
    Sarah-Ann @ Living Intentionally Simple

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so clever, especially the use of the candle holder - I wouldn't have recognised what it was originally. What a fun thing to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie.It's funny, I choose the candle holder because of the extreme low cost and it turned out to be the best feature.

      Delete
  8. I love the sound of wind chimes - these are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. We have bamboo chimes hanging from our front porch.

      Delete
  9. I love this. It's so simple and so effective yet looks like it would be much harder to make. Well done you! I'm on the hunt for cutlery! #weekenndbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah. I was looking for someone to drill holes into the handles for me but had no luck but I was determined to do this project. It took a while for me to figure out the best way to tie it up but still look nice.

      Delete
  10. Your wind chimes are so beautiful. I bet they sound lovely. I like wind chimes so much I typically give them as a wedding gift so the happy couple can remember their special day every time they hear the music from the chimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is is a wonderful wedding gift. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I have a wedding to go to.

      Delete
  11. What a lovely way to repurpose! Very inspiring - I'd like it if you'd share this with this week's Awesome Life Friday! http://rchreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda. I'd be delighted to share my project at your party. Thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  12. Wow Darlene you did a great job making this cute wind chime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How creative, I love it! I would have never thought to sue a candle base for the top of the chime!! This turned out amazing!! Thanks for sharing this over at Bewitchin' Projects Block Party, I hope you can join us again this week!
    -Shonee
    www.hawthorneandmain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shonee. I spent some time looking for something metal that would go with the spoons. Like a tea pot or coffee pot. But I couldn't find anything interesting. Then I saw the candle holder and knew right away that it was going home with me.

      Delete
  14. Very Creative, I love it - Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning Amber. And thanks for the party.

      Delete
  15. thank you very much for joining in and making our Bowdabra Crafty Saturday Showcase, we will look forward to seeing your post next Saturday.
    Warm Regards,
    The bowdabra team

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this wind chime!!! I think it's awesome that you made it from recycled spoons! How clever! I featured your wind chime at this week's Submarine Sunday Link Party!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. I'm super excited to see it featured on Sunday. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  17. Great idea! I may stop at the thrift store tomorrow and see if I can find some good spoons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. Sorry I haven't replied. I had technical difficulty and couldn't comment on any blogger post. All fixed now.

      Hopefully by now you found a great deal and made your own wind chimes.

      Delete
  18. I can't stand it, Darlene!!! It's totally awesome!!! Featuring also and pinning. Wow. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I am honored to be featured at your party.

      Delete
  19. I didn't even notice the fishing line until I read about it. It's just so pretty, but hubby would kill me if I put up wind chimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya. The fishing line is wrapped all around the spoons. It was meant to not detract from the spoons.

      Delete
  20. That is beautiful!! My Mom gave me a bunch of old spoons, so I'll have to make something like this with them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen wind chimes made out of a lot of things but never from spoons. Those look so easy to make I'll have to try it out with my kids this summer. Using a candle holder as the base of the chime is genius, and very creative. http://www.ceecspecial.com/np1-listing-dept-30090

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Glad you like them and are going to give it a try. Hav great summer.

      Delete