Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ten Reasons These Are My Top Three Posts

Hi. I'm so glad you decided to stop by.

I thought the best way to end the year would be to review my top three posts. 

There are two reasons. One, I have a reason to share my posts again. :)  And two, we can figure out what I may have done right so we replicate it.

Will you help me figure out why these are my top three posts?







The Top Three Posts Are:

No Sew T-Shirt Transformation








36 Fun Projects Made From Old Denim Jeans





Make Your Own Rag Rug This Weekend



















Possible Reasons for The Popularity of The Top Three Posts

  1. Great posts will usually answer a question, solve a problem, make the audience laugh or cry. I guess you could say they answer the question how. All three posts are tutorials.
  2. The topics can appeal to a large audience.
  3. The images are appealing.
  4. The titles are attention grabbing.
  5. Headlines, numbers and bullets are used strategically.
  6. These posts were promoted at a lot of Linky Parties, on Google+, Twitter and Pinterest.
  7. I love interacting with readers and other bloggers.
  8. The posts are formatted using line breaks and bold fonts for easy reading.
  9. The posts are not too long but are quick to read.
  10. The content is clear and straight forward.


******************************


I'm jumping up and down with joy. I can't thank you enough Heather. 

This post has been featured on Heather's blog, My Sweet Mission.




******************************

I'm doing my happy dance! Thanks Linda for featuring my post at your party.

Hey everyone, check it out HERE




******************************


Well thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. 


And don't forget to stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out a few other posts.

If you would like to receive my blog updates please subscribe via email or follow me on TwitterPinterest or Blog Lovin.

I look forward to reading your comments. Make my day and leave one!

19 comments:

  1. That's a good list of why, and or successful post characteristics. They are all interesting, even if I wasn't looking for the subject, the title does intrigue me to browse. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to read why you think these are your top posts. Great to keep those tips in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your top posts on our Wonderful Wednesday blog hop.
    I will pin it. I look forward to following your social medias.
    Blessings and Happy New Year.
    Diane Roark
    www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rugs.... plus I have to see how you did that tee shirt, pretty cool! I'm a new GFC friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing you probably hit it right on the nose as to why those are your top three posts! They are all good points! I need to go back and look at mine! Visiting from LOBS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene! I'm visiting from #LOBS. I always love reading DIY and crafts posts! I usually learn a lot! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from #LOBS and I love that you shared this list. I can definitely pick up a few pointers. I've always had problems with my title and in haste I would usually just copy a phrase from the post itself. Lazy I know :( Will work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're definitely right about why these posts are the most popular! Doing this kind of analysis of your own blog posts can really be helpful. I usually try to follow the make your readers laugh or cry route instead of the practical "answer a question" route!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to review that past year! It always surprises me which posts are the most popular, ones I wrote and thought now one would read can end up being the most viewed, funny how that works :-) Thanks for sharing at Take It On Tuesday!! ~Kelly @ Eyes On The Source

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great information! I love that you not only shared your top posts but gave useful information to help others in their blogging journey. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the reasons for your posts. I am know one of your new followers looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you've analysed out what made them successful :) I should definitely do that with mine! Nice to meet you via LOBS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up with us at LOBS and I'm so checking out that Rag Rug post!! Happy new Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found you through the Get Schooled Saturday blog...I am so glad I did too, because I really needed this info...although I have been blogging about two years, it has taken me that long to begin to figure out what sets other blogs apart, why a blog post gets more views etc...I am now following you and would love for you to visit my little blog LifeSimply, at http://paulaboudreaux.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Darlene! This post is one of the Top Features from last week's Sweet Wednesday Link Party, congratulations! http://www.my-sweet-mission.com/2014/01/top-features-from-swlp-16.html  It's also been pinned to my "Features from Sweet Wednesday Link Party" board: http://www.pinterest.com/mysweetmission/features-from-sweet-wednesday-link-party/

    Thanks for linking up, I appreciate you!
    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an awesome way to feature your top posts - by analyzing them on the blog. I might have to do the same thing - thanks for the idea!! I also think your posts were popular because they had plenty of images in each post! Thanks for linking up to Take it on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love how you address why these are your top posts. keep up the good work. thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great! Thanks for sharing @DearCreatives party! Happy New Year! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the rug idea, I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing over at Happiness is Homemade, hope you come back on Sunday and share again!

    ReplyDelete