Sunday, March 22, 2015

Make Your Pics Pinteresting- A Photo Editing Tutorial



Please Share the Love
Hi. Welcome. I am so very happy that you decided to stop by for a visit.

I thought I might share something a little different with you today.

I’ve read quite a few blog posts lately with instructions for PicMonkey. It seems to be very popular with most bloggers.

I personally haven’t used it. When it comes to photos or images, Microsoft Word and Paint have all the features I need.  I’ve used these programs for years so I was glad to be able to find a laptop that at least had the Starter version already installed.

So, for all those bloggers out there who also have Word and Paint, or are considering getting those programs, I am going to show you what you can do.





Today I’m going to share the many ways that you can format a photo. Are you ready? Let’s go!

Insert Photo

First you will need to insert a picture into a word document.

Click on the Insert Tab as shown on the Diagram 1.
A window pops up. Locate your picture on your computer. Select it by clicking on it once then press the insert button or double click the image.


Formatting the Picture

Now comes the fun part.

Select your picture by clicking on it once.

A new tab will appear on the top of your screen. It will say, Picture Tools, Format. Click on that tab.

Look at Diagram 2. These are all your photo formatting tools. We’re concentrating on these three: Corrections, Color, and Artistic Effects.



 Correction Tool

Each photo adjustment tool has set variations you can choose from. Look at Diagram 3.


You can tell which variation is being used on this particular photo because it is outlined in yellow. This one is set as the original image.

Sharpen and Soften.

Any deviation to the left of this section makes the image less in focus – a little blurrier. Moving to the right sharpens the photo image. This can help slightly if you photo is on the blurry side or you want to see more detail.

Brightness and Contrast. 

If your image is too dark or too light this is where you can make those changes.

Picture Correction Options. 

Each adjustment tool also has further options where you can fine tune the variations – in case the standard ones aren’t to your liking.  

Select the Picture Correction Options button as shown in Diagram 3. The Format Picture window pops up as shown in Diagram 4. Now you make very specific changes as required.
  


Color Tool

Each photo adjustment tool has set variations you can choose from: Color Saturation, Color Tone and Recolor as shown in Diagram 5.


Once again, you can tell which variation is being used on this particular photo because it is outlined in yellow. 

This one is set as the original image.














Color Saturation































And now the complete opposite side of saturation.




Color Tone

Recolor


 

Artistic Effects Tool

Each photo adjustment tool has set variations you can choose from. Look at Diagram 9.
Once again, you can tell which variation is being used on this particular photo because it is highlighted in yellow.

This one is set as the original image.

These are all the artistic effects:
  • None
  • Marker
  • Pencil gray scale
  • Pencil Sketch
  • Line Drawing
  • Chalk Sketch
  • Paint Strokes
  • Paint Brush
  • Glow Diffused
  • Blur
  • Light Screen
  • Watercolor Sponge
  • Film Grain
  • Mosaic Bubbles
  • Glass
  • Cement
  • Texturizer
  • Criss Cross Etching
  • Pastels Smooth
  • Plastic Wrap
  • Cut Out
  • Photocopy
  • Bright Edges


From Microsoft Word Picture Format 7 to 15 are examples of the artistic effects.
  












  
 Well that's it for this week. Which is your favorite?



POST A COMMENT
I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day a little bit brighter. 

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


Bye for now. 

Wishing you the best, Darlene

16 comments:

  1. Darlene, you've taught me something new today. I'm pinning so I can refer to it again later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. Your comment did make my day a bit brighter.

      Delete
  2. Darlene, thanks for adding me to your circles, and I've reciprocated. I like the MS products, and have used Word and Paint in the past, along with PicMonkey presently. I like your pointing out these features and have pinned it as a reminder for myself to take another look.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, I like the fact that I don't have to be online to edit my photographs so I can still get work done even though I don't have access to the internet.

      Delete
  3. I've learned something new today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tutorial! I needed this - pinned it so I can re-read it and soak it all in! Saw you over on Wonderful Wednesday. Following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruthie. There is quite a bit of information there. I wonder if I should have broken it up into smaller posts.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. #7 is pretty cool looking. Sorta neon light thing going on there.

      Delete
  6. I had no idea you could do fix a picture in word. I will try this in the near future. Pinned. Thanks for stopping by Recipes for our Daily Bread.

    Blessings,
    Diane Roark
    www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. It could just be me but I think it is pretty straight forward. I've tried other programs and they are a little tricky.

      Delete
  7. Great info! I have pinned to my Blogging World Tips and Tricks board!
    Poppin' in from the Awesome Things Tuesday Party.
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexandra, I hope you give it a try. It is amazingly simple to use.

      Delete
  8. I use PicMonkey a lot, so I never thought to use Word. I'll have to try it next time. Thanks for sharing on Small Victories Sunday link up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I could ditch my Picmonkey subscription after reading this tutorial. I do like it because it has all the elements put together. I'm not really artsy so it makes up for it. It's great to know that Word is so useful beyond, well, words. Blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete