Sunday, February 1, 2015

Cereal Box Book Marks - with GLITTER.

You know, I've seen cereal box bookmarks on Pinterest but don't ask me where. I thought it was a clever way of reusing cardboard so I thought I would give it go.

So here is my interpretation of cereal box book marks.


cereal box book marks



I decided to use the width of the cereal box side. I made a template. 

Sound weird? 

I just thought it would make it easier for me to place the part of the image I wanted on the bookmark.

I could have stopped there but that wouldn't be fun. You really can't see it in the photos but we coloured over them with our glitter gel pens. It made the colours vibrant and added a bit of glitter. And who doesn't love glitter right? 

Hi, my name is Darlene and I am addicted to glitter.

I then decided to round make the top and bottom of the book marks round. I don't know I like round better than square.

I had to add some time of dangling things so I used my brand new hole punch. I love new toys.

I tried a few different kinds of string but yarn turned out to look the best.


The hearts and circles were my first additions and I think my favorite.

I added glitter stars to Toni and my daughter likes it best.

hockey book marksI wanted to keep it simple for the hockey player book marks so I just added black yarn and tied it.

I think it's kinda cool that the these are two sided. One has the picture and the other has the stats.

Actually all the book marks are two sided. I glued them together before I decorated them.


The second Lucky book mark has red yard. I unraveled the yard at the end and it kinda looks like a tassel. Maybe?


cereal box book marks


I am adding my bookmarks to this months Creative Challenge Link Party.

Want to see the other additions? Just hop on over HERE.


POST A COMMENT
I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day a little bit brighter. 

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


Wishing You a Wonderful Week.

14 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen these on Pinterest before. I'm charmed ;) by them! You know I love a good recycling craft. Now I have to hold onto cereal boxes in addition to glass jars, plastic containers and coffee cans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I know what you mean. Crafters are great hoarders.

      Delete
  2. I love recycling crafts, too! This is such a clever idea, pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin Bernadyn. It's a great feeling when you know someone likes your creations.

      Delete
  3. Very clever and kids would love em! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup and hope you join us again this weekend! Pinning to our linkup board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya. I already know a few kids who want them.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for submitting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh these cereal box bookmarks are excellent! how fun and such a great idea! Glitter is just the icing on the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest daughter loves putting glitter on everything. Now I know why. It's just so sparkly!

      Delete
  6. These are amazing! I would never have thought of making book marks. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party. Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun way to use cereal boxes! I like the little dangles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great recycling idea! This would be fantastic for a school craft to encourage reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene I love repurposing cardboard cereal boxes in fact at any one given time I have about ten of them at home. I'd love it if you would share your projects with us over at Sweet Inspiration. It runs Friday thru Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete