Monday, February 9, 2015

A Cereal Box Craft



Please Share the Love


So here I am again with a cereal box recycle craft for the Creative Challenge.

This project wasn't hard to do but it took a little longer than I expected because of drying time. Drying time for the glue then drying time for the paint.

Cereal Box Craft




Supplies
  • Cereal Box
  • Tissue paper
  • White glue
  • Paint: White and a color of your choice.
  • Scissors
  • Paint brush

Instructions
  • Cut cereal box to desired height.
  • Apply tissue paper to box with white glue and paint brush trying to make as wrinkles and lumps as you go, pressing out the air bubbles.
  • Once the glue is dry apply a coat of paint in the color of your choice.
  • You may want to apply a second coat of paint to get the coverage you want.
  • Now accentuate the texture of your project by using white paint and the dry brush technique. Apply as much white as you like. If you put too much white on you can always repaint and try again.





Cereal Box Craft

This is a close up picture of the texture. I think it turned out pretty cool.








POST A COMMENT
I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day a little bit brighter. 

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


Wishing You a Wonderful Week.

14 comments:

  1. The texture is very cool and you know I love your recycled crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks totally cool! Love the why the white makes the texture pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Dry brushing with the white really works great.

      Delete
  3. Wow, is all I can say. This vase is just astonishing. I like anyway the combo recycling and crafts, but your idea is just outstanding. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecilia. It didn't quite turn out the way I imagined.

      Delete
  4. I think it's amazing, Darlene! I love it so much. You could use it for any kind of box, for any purpose, I'm thinking attractive storage in a laundry or pantry, using a larger box. Fascinating technique--glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. Next time I will definitely try it on a bigger scale.

      Delete
  5. I really like what you've done. I never would of guessed that was a cereal box. Love how you textured it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got me thinking I'll do this to regular boxes for craft room storage. Thanks for sharing on Worthwhile Wednesdays! I'm featuring this tonight!
    ~Allie www.craftyallieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture on this. What a great idea! Thanks for linking to the This is How We Roll Link Party. See you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete