Monday, September 28, 2015

Ten Inspirational Halloween Makeup Ideas

Halloween costumes and make up have come a long way since I was a kid in the seventies. 

You could buy costumes. And a lot of kids did. They proudly ran from door to door in brightly colored outfits made from thin plastic and masks that rendered them legally blind.

I think I was lucky. My Mom made such wonderful costumes for us. It was a month long process. Deciding what to be, figuring out how to make it then actually putting it all together.

Don't you think Halloween is more about making costumes together as a family than it is about the candy?

Sure I love to gobble up the sweets but its the creating that brings back fond memories.

I found ten inspirational Halloween make up ideas to share with you. These ideas can be easily made up for adults as they are for kids. Enjoy.







1970's Plastic Masks.

This is my sweet Honey Bunny made up as a zombie. She doesn't looked thrilled but she really is. She had so many compliments.

I found this fiendish fellow and knew right away I had to share him with you. Don't you just love the eyebrows?




Isn't this puppy adorable? Love the tongue hanging out to the side. It's great if you don't want full face coverage.





This make up is such fun. I love the fact that the eye patch is drawn on so it doesn't obstruct this little fellows view




I know, it's another puppy dog. But she is just so darn cute that I had to include her. Again with the tongue - adorable.






My granddaughter picked this one. She adores all the detail put into this young girls leopard face.






I really like the fact that this vampire's fangs are drawn on. Those silly plastic teeth that the kids wear are such a nonsense.




What a pretty little witch. Her face is green but not an overwhelming green. It's her eyebrows that draw your attention then down to her eyes. Nicely done.

There are literally hundreds of clown faces out there. I choose this one because it is simple, colorful and cheery. Everything I think a clown should be.



Last but not least is skeleton boy.His make up is simple but effective. Even the non-artistic could manage to pull this one off.

I had great fun collecting these pictures for you. I hope you found something inspirational for yourself or a little one in your care. 

Have fun and stay safe this Halloween.









POST A COMMENT


I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day. 

Bye for now. Wishing you the best, Darlene

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.



THIS POST HAS BEEN FEATURED!

Chantale’s favorite post came from My Little Shop of Treasures with the post “10 Inspirational Halloween Make-up Ideas“! “Choosing this because it is perfect for the month of October!!”







16 comments:

  1. I love them all. They are so beautiful and inspiring. Though I don't particularly know what halloween smell like because we don't celebrate it here in Nigeria. But it was great reading your post.
    Your neighbour at Making your Home Sing Monday Linkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. I sometimes forget that not everyone celebrates Halloween.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Darlene for sharing these great Halloween makeup ideas with us at
    Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We love having you.
    See you next time.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie. I always love stopping by to party with you. See you again, Darlene

      Delete
  3. Such creative ideas and you've got something for everyone. Pinning now. Thanks, Darlene for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! What fun ideas!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute Halloween makeup ideas for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Lots of inspiration here. Not sure what the grands are doing for dress up. Your friend, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. My granddaughter isn't sure what she wants to dress up as. We have a bit of time to figure it out.

      Delete
  7. Amazing ideas Darlene! Thanks so much for sharing them with us over at Let's Get Real. I'm afraid to show these ideas to my kids. They are sure to find an idea that they love and expect me to be able to pull it off. Yikes! Now that is scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina. Maybe you'll be lucky and they will pick an easy one.

      Delete
  8. Hi Darlene, Thanks for sharing at the party. Pinned & shared. Hope to see you again soon. Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing them at the Bowdabra Saturday Crafty Showcase!!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete