Saturday, February 20, 2016

A No Sew Long Sleeve T-Shirt Transformation

I'm so weird sometimes. I worked on this no sew sleeve transformation months ago then forgot about it. I found the pictures already transferred into a file on my computer called no sew sleeves. And I was like - oh yah. That's what I`ll post this week.

A No Sew Long Sleeve T-Shirt Transformation
Easy right? I don't know. I just had a hard time figuring out what to call this. What would be the best title to grab attention and best describe what I made. 

First was it a DIY.  A refashion, transformation or reconstruction. No not a reconstruction. What about upcycle. Is this just a t-shirt or is it a long sleeve T.

I know. I was over thinking it. I don't usually do that. Most times I find it pretty simple to title a blog post. I just call it  what it is. Plain and simple.

So here is my DIY No Sew Long Sleeve T-shirt Transformation/Reconstruction/ Upcycled Project.

First you'll need a long sleeve t-shirt. Or I guess you could also use a pair of yoga pants - any type of garment that won't fray when you cut it. 



I folded the sleeve- errr. What am I doing? 

Here are a few pictures showing you how to do the sleeves. But if you want detailed instructions hop on over to a previous post HERE. No need to write it up twice eh?

A No Sew Long Sleeve T-Shirt Transformation

Well there you have it. Pretty simple to do and awesome results. My beautiful daughter loves her shirt. One of her friends likes his pants done this way all the way up the outside edge of his pants. 

These pictures were taken in the early fall of last year. This t-shirt is in storage because it is way too small for her now. Her huge belly won't fit because she is 32 weeks into her pregnancy.

A No Sew Long Sleeve T-Shirt TransformationThat's right. I have a new grandson on his way. I can't wait to hug him and kiss him and play with him and love him.... Who knew I would love being a Grandma just as much as being a Mom. My little angels are what life is all about.

Another post done. And hopefully some inspiration for you to make your own 
DIY No Sew Long Sleeve T-shirt Transformation/ Reconstruction/ Upcycled Project.

If not, perhaps you are motivated to harass those kids of yours to hurry up and give you some grandbabies (or look forward to your children being old enough to do it.)


I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day. 

Bye for now. 

Wishing you the best, Darlene

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


SHARE THE LOVE

27 comments:

  1. Darlene, Wow, this is such a cool way to totally change the look of the T-Shirt. A true drab to fab kind of project. Thanks for sharing! Pinned, tweeted and shared.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. And it doesn't take very long to do.

      Delete
  2. Darlene what an amazing transformation. I love what you did on the sleeves, very attractive. Enjoy those grandchildren :)
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great refashioning project! I think your title was just right. Congratulations on the upcoming birth of a grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly. I can hardly wait til he gets here.

      Delete
  4. too cool! I have seen this on shirts before, good to know how it was done, now I won't ruin a shirt trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Grandma Darlene!! And I love your t-shirt. Can't wait to do this with my "baby" when she's home from college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I am so freaking happy. Two grandsons and four granddaughters. Amazing.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Grandma!!! I love your tees hirt and am going to pass it on to my teens, let's see if they can do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job refashioning the Tshirt Darlene. Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did to the shirt. AND congrats on the grandbaby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique way to dress up a t-shirt! And congratulations on that new grand baby! So exciting -- enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. These last couple of months feel like an eternity

      Delete
  10. What a great shirt! Love how the sleeves look with the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberlee, my daughter just loves her shirt now.

      Delete
  11. What a neat idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design. I love how you designed the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. I've seen this on the back of shirts but never on the arms. Til now that is. :)

      Delete
  13. What a fun way to change up a shirt!! I have a couple long sleeve shirts this would be neat on .

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to try this on a pair of yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete