Friday, June 26, 2015

Toilet Paper Roll Saves Wrapping Paper - Details to Follow

I don't know about you, but I don't have a lot of wrapping paper, bows and ribbons. 

I only have one roll of wrapping paper so I don't need no fancy organizing contraptions. 

I just need my one itty bitty roll of wrapping paper to stay pretty.

Like the title says, toilet paper roll saves wrapping paper.



Toilet Paper Roll Repurpose, recycle

I used to just put the roll of wrapping paper leaning against the back of the closet. 

But that turned out badly for the paper. It would eventually unroll, get ripped and wrinkled. Pretty much nothing more than fill for my recycling box. Or paper for a modge podge project. Which is fine and dandy for crafting but doesn't do any good when I need to wrap a gift.

I tried putting hair elastics on the roll of paper. That's what we used to do as kids to get our large paper projects home from school. It seemed to work out fine back then.

Ya, it worked as a temporary solution but no good for long term. I guess the elastic created pressure points from which the paper tends to rip then unroll yadda yadda yadda. (I can't believe I said that. I never say that.)

You know tape is no better. I don't understand why the manufacturers even put tape on rolls of wrapping paper. It's just no right.

Then one day, it just popped in my head.

Boing.

Cut a toilet paper roll length wise and just snap it into place. As per image. I tend to put three rolls on my wrapping paper - one on each end and one in the middle. 

Perfectomundo.

Ya. So I thought I would share that little tidbit with you. In case you have a roll of wrapping paper you want to save for you know wrapping not crafting.

POST A COMMENT

I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day. 

Bye for now. Wishing you the best, Darlene

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! You can add this to the list of 1001 ways to use toilet paper rolls! I've become paranoid about not throwing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a wrapping paper hoarder - I have at least 4 rolls! lol :) actually it might be 5. Made the mistake of getting rolls at costco, man were they heavy and turns out they are a zillion presents worth of paper. So about 4 years later, I think I am finally down one of the original rolls. This would be great!! I taped the edge down and then you have to try to carefully pull it up without tearing (which never happens). So wow, awesome idea and appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! And you know that I love that it's a repurposed organizing idea.

    ReplyDelete